Therapist position for the Sunrise Clinic.
The IOP Therapist provides quality social services for patients, with special emphasis on discharge planning needs. This person must have knowledge of community resources for older persons, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance requirements as they relate to continuing care. The IOP therapist must be familiar with medical terminology and conditions as they impact discharge needs and be familiar with medical team roles and with the functioning of other hospital departments. This person must have knowledge of effective individual and group communication techniques.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work/Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited Graduate School
- Two to three years of clinical experience with older persons, and hospital or nursing home experience preferred
- LCSW preferred; must meet the scope of service for State of practice. Some states accept LMSW/LPC’s to provide therapy within a hospital environment
- The LMSW/LPC must meet any applicable state certification standards
Demonstrable skills include; organizational, verbal, interpersonal, customer relations, mathematical, analytical, grammar/spelling, reading comprehension of written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, computer skills
The minimum requirements for this position require the individual to:
- Stand for 1 hour per day
- Sit for 2 hours per day
- Walk for 30 minutes per day
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, balancing, pulling with force, reaching above the head, reaching above shoulder, twisting at the waist, push/pull up to 5 lbs., lift/carry up to 15 lbs., lift from floor level up, lift from waist level up, and/or lift above shoulders/head
- This position may include occasional exposure to a communicable disease